DODE is the Tamilnadu distance education programmes initiated by a reputed institution known to serve the Engineering candidates for a long while, that is none other than Anna University, Coimbatore. This centre for learning was started during September 2007.
It is making its resources to spread like a web in the means of web towards the aspiring students.DODE stands for Directorate of Online and Distance Education.This makes the candidates who are willing and are eligible to study through distance education.They too are being guided by online education and exams are conducted periodically. This online education is being controlled under the team of trained staffs and the students trained by this are well boosted towards the stream of Knowledge and get Hands on training in the subject.The soft skills of the students are also enhanced well.The admission norms for this Distance education is discussed below:
Courses offered by Anna University DODE 2011
The DODE have started the courses like Professional MBA, MCA, M.Sc., PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Diploma programmes.These are offered under Distance Education Scheme.
I. Anna University MBA Programmes 2011
1. Airline and Airport Management
2. Banking, Insurance & Financial Services
3. Financial Management
4. General Management
5. Healthcare and Hospital Management
6. Human Resource Management
7. International Business Management
8. Marketing Management
9. Software Enterprises Management
10. Telecom Management
II. Anna University MCA Programmes
1. Master of Computer Applications
III. Anna University Master of Science[M.Sc]
1. Computer Science
2. Information Technology
IV. Anna UniversityPost Graduate Diploma Programmes[PG]
1. Human Resource Management
2. Industrial Safety
Eligibility Criteria for Anna University distance education
The eligibility factors are different for the different courses which are described above.
Note:"Degree" quoted in the following passage means the degree obtained under any of the term of education like 10+2+3 (or) 10+2+4 (or) 10+3+3 (or) 10+3+2 pattern.
Eligibility for MBA
Course duration:2years[4 semesters]
1. Any "Degree" from accredited University
Eligibility for MCA
Course Duration:3 Years[6 Semesters]
1. Any "Degree" with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Oriented Subjects in Degree level or any "Degree" with Mathematics at Higher Secondary level or Equivalent.
Eligibility for M.Sc.
Course Duration:2 Years[4 semesters]
1. B.Sc. (Computer Science/Physics/Information Technology/Software Engineering/Applied Science/Computer Technology/Computer System Maintenance
and Networking Electronics) (or)BCA (or) Equivalent.
Eligibility for Post Graduate courses
Course Duration:1 Year[Non Semester]
1. Any "Degree" from accredited University.
Anna University DODE 2011 Application forms and Admission details
Application Forms are issued throughout the year and the filled in applications (including downloaded soft copies) are collected and enrollment is made. This process goes on and on throughout the year
There are two types of admissions in a year:
1. Academic year batch: The filled in Applications are verified and the admissions are made from 1st April to 30th September.
2. Calendar year batch: The filled in applications are verified and the enrollment is made from 1st October to 28th February.
After the thorough verification the candidates are selected based on the eligibility criteria are intimated through call letter and the certificates are checked and the students are admitted in to the courses.
Anna University DODE 2011 Cost of application Form
1. For MBA/MCA/M.Sc.:
In person: Rs.500
By Post: Rs.550=(500+50)[additional Rs.50 is the postal charge]
2. For PG diploma course:
In person: Rs.300
By Post: Rs.350=(300+50)[additional Rs.50 is the postal charge]
The application forms can also be downloaded from the internet.
For more details about the Distance Education in Anna University,Coimbatore